The CEO/Director has the overall responsibility of (insert COMPANY NAME) business performance and compliance. They will provide the necessary resources so that all operations and maintenance can be conducted to meet company obligations, goals and objectives, including safety.
The Chief Controller is responsible for all remote pilot training and operational matters, including safety.
The role and responsibilities of the chief Controller are:
- Ensure operations are conducted in compliance with regulations and in accordance with (insert COMPANY NAME) policies and procedures.
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date reference library of operational documents as required by the regulator including records of qualifications held by each pilot.
- Monitoring and maintaining operational standards of pilots employed by the operator, through supervision and training.
- Being the point of contact between the operator and the regulator.
The Maintenance Controller is the person appointed by the operator who is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of company Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems in accordance with the manufacturer specifications.
The role and responsibilities of the Maintenance Controller are:
- Control of all company RPAS maintenance, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Ensure personnel performing maintenance on the RPAS are competent.
- Keep a record of personnel permitted to perform maintenance.
- Develop, enforce and monitor RPAS maintenance standards.
- Maintain a record of RPAS unserviceabilities
- Investigate all RPAS defects.
- Ensure that specialist equipment items are serviceable.
- Ensure maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with the procedures specified in the Maintenance Manual.
The Controller/Remote Pilot In Command of the aircraft is responsible for:
- Safe and effective operation of the aircraft in accordance with the manufactures' approved flight manual, legal regulations and (insert COMPANY NAME) policy and procedures.
- Maintaining knowledge of all applicable approved flight manual, legal regulations and (insert COMPANY NAME) policy and procedures.
- The observer being able to maintain visual contact with the RPAS.
- Avoiding any potential collision hazard
The Observer is responsible for:
- Assisting the Controller with the safe operation of the aircraft.
- Maintaining effective communication with the Controller/Remote Pilot at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the RPAS.
- Avoiding any potential collision hazard.